Arkham Asylum Alternative Nurse Version
„Can ya hear me? Is this thing on? Oh. Hiya, B-Man. Harley Quinn here. How do you like my new uniform? Pretty hot, huh? Oh, I got something to show you… One second, B-man!“
„When Mr. J kills Batman, we’re gonna get married. It’s gonna be so cool.“
„Mr. J is so going to beat Bat-brain. He doesn’t stand a chance.“
„Come and get me, Bats. I double dare ya!“
This version of Harley Quinn was the first design of Carlos D’Anda for the game „Batman: Arkham Asylum“ and I fell instantly in love with it! My inspiration was Faerie Blossom and in 2018 I decided to create this cosplay.
This was a reason to finally finish the cowl which was really hard for me since it was pretty difficult to make it fit and I wasn’t really happy with all the results. After about 10 times trying to remake it I was finally happy with the cowl. The rest of the outfit was pretty easy.
I wore it to the Fantasy Basel 2018 and I’d really like to take pictures of it in a lost place.
- Character: Harley Quinn
- Comic: Batman (DC Universe)
- Abilities: expert gymnast, immunity to various toxins, utilizes weaponized props, genius level intellect, trained in psychiatry
- Height: 170 cm (5′ 7″)
- Weight: 64 kg (140 lbs)
- Eyes: Blue
- Hair: Blond
About the Project
For the cowl I asked my boyfriend to draw my faceshape from the side to a paper so I had a basic pattern for it. Then I traced it to the fabric and sewed it together. In the back I placed the zipper and sewed it on, then I opened the thread. For the horns I wore the cowl and marked where I wanted to place the horns. Then I’ve cut out the shape of the horns on paper to control if I’m happy with the shape. If yes, I traced it to the fabric, sewed it together and sewed it on the holes. I made small pompom’s with yarn and sewed them by hand on the end’s of the horns. Finally I stuffed them with cotton.
I bought the dress online from China and had to alter it a bit. It was very wide and I wanted it to be more thight so I sewed it thighter at the hips. The sleeves were long so I’ve cut them short and sewed them. I tried to place the blood stains as exactly as possible like the concept art. I used fake blood for this.
I already owned the mask so I hadn’t to create a new one.
The shoes were originally black so I took a spray can with red color and painted it. It doesn’t stay perfectly on the shoe but this costume has to look a bit used and damaged so this is fine.
I took a button I already owned and drew a smiley on a paper and put it into the button. I bought the tag in a stationery store and created the tag with photoshop and printed it out.
For the gloves I traced my hands on the fabric and cutted it out. Then I sewed it together.
I ordered red and purple thights and took from each one piece and ripped it. I tried to rip it as similar as possible to the original.