„Notice me Luigi (´•ω•｀)♡“
“Don’t look at me!”
Princess Boo, also known as Booette or Boosette, refers to a genderbend Super Crown fan art of the Nintendo character King Boo as a princess. Alongside Bowsette, the character saw a surge of fan art amidst a wave of Nintendo characters being drawn as women after the introduction of the Super Crown mechanic into Nintendo lore.
When the whole internet fell for Bowsette I wasn’t very interested in this figure but as soon as I saw the Boosette version my inner goth fell in love with her. I instantly knew that I had to cosplay her and which event would be better than Halloween? I also wanted to try something new so I decided to sew a princess dress in white.
- Character: Princess Boo
- Series: Super Mario (Fanart)
- Birthday: September 24th
- Genderbend version of King Boo
- No original Nintendo character
- King Boo is the leader and king of the Boos and the arch enemy of Luigi.
About the Project
I’ve seen many different versions of Boosette but I imagine her as the ghost princess and this means for me that she wears a princess dress.
I searched for a pattern I liked and found a beautiful dress pattern from Burda. I never worked with a pattern from them until then and I was pretty overhelmed from the manual. I took my time so that I can be sure that I’m doing it right and after I bought the fabric needed I started with cutting out the pieces. Piece after piece I sewed together and when the biggest part was done, I had to realize that it was too big for me. This discouraged me for a while but I didn’t want to give up and started a new try. The second attempt was succesfull and even when I didn’t made it 100% as described in the manual, I’m very happy with the outcome and it’s wearable!
I struggled with start doing the crown since I wasn’t sure with which materials I should work.
I decided to buy a styrofoam ball for the middle part and looked for crown patterns in the internet. I tried different shapes out until I was content with the result and traced it to foam. After that, I covered the foam and the ball in Worbla and put it together. Then I added the details. When I was satisfied with the result I primed the crown and painted it. I attached the crown to a headband so I could wear it.